GAFSC provides food, clothing, referrals to shelter and other key supports to strengthen families and I build strong communities.
Thousands of families have been given a fresh start at life through GAFSC's programs and services since 1998.
Now, we need YOUR HELP to continue doing this life-changing work and providing more fresh starts to deserving families.
How can YOU give a Fresh Start? See what your donation today can do:
- Feed a hungry child
- $5 gives a week of school lunch for a child in our truancy prevention program
- $99 provides a week of meals for a family of four
- Clothe a child
- $25 for a spring outfit (pants/dress, t-shirt and slacks)
- $30 for girl/boy uniforms (pants and shirts)
- Provide a safe, restful night's sleep
- $349 buys a bunk bed so children do not sleep together or with a parent
- Offer multidisciplinary arts opportunity for a homeless child
- $5 provides a student with an engaging creative arts experience in the Art for Young Families program
- Honor excellence
- $500 college scholarship for a high school senior in the Community School Initiative program
Our Commitment: Our work has taught us that sometimes life throws curves and the families we serve may be forced to live on the edge. It does not matter why or how this happens. What does matter is that your donation will be used to take the first steps to give those affected a fresh start. The Georgia Avenue Family Support Collaborative (GAFSC) is committed to ensuring that donations received are accounted for and used in the fulfillment of GAFSC's mission to support children, youth and families in Ward 4 (and beyond) to become healthy, empowered and connected in a multi-cultural community.